I was looking around at recipes the other day and I found this 5 ingredient recipe for pancakes. Looking at the ingredient list I got immediately excited because I had all of the ingredients needed! I was honestly amazed at how delicious these pancakes were as I grew up on Bisquick – which pales in comparison.
These pancakes are sweet, fluffy, and turn the most beautiful golden color. They will be my go-to pancake for any future DIY brunches and holidays. With Mother’s Day coming up, I thought they would be the perfect brunch staple. Even better, they’re vegan so they suit just about any diet.
Makes about 6-8 pancakes. Serves 2 people.
- 1 cup flour (whichever kind you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (I used regular white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soymilk (I used vanilla soymilk)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Optional (I added to mine):
- 3-5 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Set out all your ingredients.
- Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat or use a griddle (that’s what I used).
- Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder — two Tablespoons, not two Teaspoons as some have suggested, salt) in a bowl. Double check that you have baking powder, not baking soda. The two are very different and will give you different results! I have made that mistake before.
- Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture. Add any optional ingredients.
- Mix until smooth. I used a food processor to make sure there weren’t any chunks of flour but a hand mixer will work as well. The batter consistency will be pretty thin, but the pancakes will still come out fluffy.
- Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon or pour one pancakes’ worth of the mixture into the pan. I make my pancakes roughly the size of my spatula for easy flipping.
- Flip carefully when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened. See my above photos for when I flipped.
- Enjoy your pancakes!
As I was making these pancakes I really didn’t expect much because I’m pretty particular when it comes to pancakes, but man did they deliver! I had to hold myself back from eating the whole batch, and I will definitely use this recipe in the future!
What are your favorite brunch recipes?
Thanks for stopping by!