I looooove peppermint this time of year, and I’ve had a bit of a baking bug for the past month or so. I stumbled across this recipe for peppermint chocolate crinkle cookies (heaven!) so I thought I would share this wonderful recipe with you all!
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon peppermint candies crushed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or stand up mixer stir together cocoa powder, sugar, applesauce, oil, and extracts until well blended. Fold in crushed peppermints. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the granulated and powdered sugars in two separate bowls.
- Remove chilled dough and roll into balls about one tablespoon each. Toss first in the granulated and then second in the powdered sugar, coating fully.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes (cookies should be slightly underbaked). Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Don’t let these photos fool you – I’m definitely not a baker and these cookies turned out AMAZING! This recipe is so easy and simple. All you need is a glass of almond milk and a good Netflix series and you’re set!
You can find the original recipe here at My Darling Vegan.
What are some of your favorite sweets to make in the winter?
Thanks for stopping by!