I have a major sweet tooth, and when I went plant-based I worried that I would have to give up foods I loved, like the classic chocolate chip cookie. I stumbled across this recipe here and these cookies turned out to be INSANELY GOOD. Like, so good I won’t need another cookie for the rest of my life.
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup Earth Balance butter (vegan butter)
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tbsp unsulfured molasses
1/4 cup non-dairy milk (I used vanilla soy)
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl cream together earth balance, sugar, vanilla, and molasses until fluffy. Then add in non-dairy milk and mix until well combined.
4. Add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop 1/4 cup of cookie dough and roll it into a ball, then flatten the cookie slightly with your hand onto un-greased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Cool cookies on baking sheet for about 5 minutes or so and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10-15 minutes.
And voila! Delicious double chocolate chip cookies. This recipe makes a lot of cookies. I scooped out 6 for Evan and me, and I had enough dough left to make 20+ more cookies (depending on the size of the cookie). I froze the extra dough and I plan to take it out when I have a sweet craving since these babies only take TEN MINUTES to become beautiful and delicious cookies.
What are some of your favorite recipes?
Find the recipe here.